Security Professional Services
Malware detection and protection
Malware can be differentiated based on the way they infect the computers and networks. Another way to categorize malware is by defining what it does once it infects a computer. So basically, most malwares have two distinct features – a way to infect the victim’s computer and a clearly defined objective once it infects.
The primary vector used to infect a computer with malware is email. Phishing attacks or spam emails are also common methods used to get the malware deployed on computers. A large part of the solution to protecting against Malware attacks is educating users on best practices and identifying signatures of spam and phishing emails. Other critical preventive measures an organization can take is to have all computers patched up with latest versions of OS and security updates. Most of the malwares take advantage of known vulnerabilities in operating systems. You can protect yourself against a malware attack by having the latest updates installed. At a philosophical level, the new paradigm is to keep everything out of your network except what you absolutely trust.
- Run security awareness training programs for employees/users and IT administrators
- As part of our managed service, we supervise all your endpoints and servers by keeping them updated on regular intervals with latest security patches and OS updates
- Set up monitoring tools to have a real time inventory of managed and unmanaged devices on your network. If applicable, we will also help you monitor IoT devices on your network. Having the inventory is the first step towards protecting your devices
- Conducting periodic risk assessment of your infrastructure to test against all known vulnerabilities that are published by organizations such as CERT
- Implementing intrusion prevention and detection solutions
- Implementing Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution to get a robust threat monitoring and management capability
- Implementing threat intelligence driven by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- If all else fails, the only option is to recreate the systems from backup data. We will help you implement a robust and a reliable backup solution
- Implementing real time traffic monitoring so that you can detect presence of malware in case you are already infected
Web Application Firewall
Most of the new age businesses have web-based applications as key components of what they offer as a value proposition. Web application attacks cripple the infrastructure and cause huge financial and reputational damage. Some of the industries that are impacted by these types of attacks – retail, banking, finance, media, and information. These attacks can lead to data breaches resulting in bad actors getting their hands on financial, credit and personally identifiable information. Organizations may end up paying severe penalties apart from suffering financial and reputational losses if they fail the regulatory stress test of compliances like GDPR and PCI DSS.
Shieldify and our partners jointly offer a managed web application firewall service powered by technology from vendors such as:
- Mitigation against OWASP top 10 threats
- Dynamic profiling and detection
- Zero-day attack prevention
- Compliance with PCI DSS, GDPR and other regulations